You can view appointments in another calendar program like iCal or Outlook by subscribing to a feed from Full Slate. This is especially useful if you want to be able to see your schedule in the native calendar app on an iPhone/iPad or a device running Android. Here’s how:
- Go to the ‘Schedule’ tab, click ‘More’ in the upper right above the calendar, and choose ‘Sync, import & export…'
- Then select ‘View your Full Slate schedule in another application.’
- On the next screen, choose the staff member whose schedule you want to view.
- If the software you are using is the default calendar application installed on your computer, all you need to do is click the blue link or the ‘Subscribe’ button and that program will open automatically. If your calendar doesn’t open automatically, is web-based, or on another device, copy the blue link instead of clicking it.
- Now go to your other calendar to finish setting up the subscription, per the instructions below.
iPhone/iPad & Android
The easiest way to setup a calendar subscription on a mobile device is to email yourself the link from step #4 above, then open your email on the device and click the link.
- iCal When the subscription pop-up menu appears in iCal, turn on "Auto-refresh."
- Outlook When the Outlook dialog box appears, click 'Advanced...' Be sure the box under Update Limit is not checked, then click 'OK' to close Subscription Options and 'Yes' to continue.
- Google Calendar Click the drop down next to 'Other Calendars' and select 'Add by URL.' Note: We recommend establishing one-way sync with Google Calendar rather than subscribing, as updates to subscribed calendars can be delayed six hours or more, and there is no way to refresh manually.
- Most programs periodically update calendar subscriptions automatically. However, you may need to refresh manually in order to see very recent changes.
Note that calendar subscriptions are read-only, meaning you will be able to view appointments but not make changes in the other program. Similarly, subscriptions are one-way only, meaning the feed is from Full Slate to the other calendar. To setup an inbound feed to Full Slate, subscribe to an external calendar.
Please be aware that anytime two disparate programs are connected, it's not possible to guarantee 100% accuracy. As a result, we recommend not fully relying on a sync or subscription to operate your business. The safest approach is to check your schedule directly on Full Slate, whether on the web or mobile.